Writing Update 11/3/12
I was hoping to write a piece on podcasting, but I decided to share some news about my writings:
- I have just submitted a revised edition of “A Perfect Hell on Earth” to the Cruentus Libri Press anthology War is Hell. The new edition contains spelling and grammar corrections, along with some additions to the story. Those who read the first edition will still find the story the same, but the new edition is still a superior version in my humble opinion. You can still get a copy of the first edition in the alternate history edition of Jake’s Monthly.
- I have begun my rewrite of Down in Dixie. The new story is tentatively titled Parallel Pete and follows Nick, a human with the ability to hop across timelines without the help of machines. While working for the secretive Gordian Institute, he is framed for murder and all the evidence points to someone with the same abilities as Nick. The new novel will feature characters and settings from the Down in Dixie, but will be an entirely different story. This is going to be an ongoing project because I still have some short fiction to write, for example…
- I want to submit something to the Flying Elephant Short Story contest. I am thinking about a dark fantasy story. Set in the aftermath to a war in heaven, a father tries to save his family…even if it means dooming countless generations. I really like the ideas banging around in my head.
About mattmitrovichMatt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update, volunteer editor for Alt Hist magazine and, starting in 2013, blogger for the relaunch of Amazing Stories. His fiction can be found at Echelon Press, Jake's Monthly and The Were-Traveler. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@MattMitrovich).
- RT @alt_historian: What Happened to America in Ghost in the Shell? (A Map Analysis) youtu.be/Ll5HDLlp6T0 11 hours ago
- RT @scottlynch78: I wish all science fiction was as apolitical as the classics that built the genre. Like that one where a brown dude wages… 13 hours ago
- RT @alt_historian: NEW VIDEO: What Happened to America in Ghost in the Shell? (A Map Analysis) youtu.be/Ll5HDLlp6T0 16 hours ago
- RT @brianefallon: Recap of how we got here: 1 Trump rescinds DACA, demands Congress act within 6 months 2 Senate forms bipartisan talks on… 17 hours ago
- RT @alt_historian: The Guns Above (Signal Airship #1) by Robyn Bennis review (via The United Federation of Charles). unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-gu… 17 hours ago